Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Classic Hip Hop Albums Deciphered - Public Enemy

PUBLIC ENEMY - "It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back"


I love when people take classic Hip-Hop records and do their best to tell you what songs were sampled to make up each track, I love it even more when they go through the trouble of actually offering up the songs in a collection.

I recently ran across a website that did this with "Eric B & Rakim's" classic "Paid in Full". I will link that here soon enough..

Long story short, I am going to make one for Public Enemy's classic ""It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back"

I will do this for each song that has sampled material in parts. You will hear the actual song first, then you will hear the songs they sampled to make that song.

Here we go...
"Bring the Noise"
  1. "Fantastic Freaks at the Dixie" by Grandwizard Theodore & the Fantastic Five
  2. "Get Off Your Ass and Jam" by Funkadelic
  3. "It's My Thing" by Marva Whitney
  4. "Funky Drummer" by James Brown
  5. "Give It Up or Turn It a Loose" by James Brown
  6. "Get on Up, Get Into It, Get Involved" by James Brown
  7. "I Don't Know What this World Is Coming To" by The Soul Children
  8. "The Assembly Line" by The Commodores

No comments:

Post a Comment